These are the terms and conditions for booking Bagpipe Lessons from me.
COVID 19 update – performances will have limitations. Lessons will be online only for the near future!
Payment and Invoices
I accept Cash, Cheque, interac (e-mail transfers) and credit cards for payment. For cheque and credit card payments a minimum of 4 lessons must be paid for. Credit Card payments shall have a 3% admin fee added as it will be processed through the Fraser Highland Shoppe.
Invoices are available upon request.
Prices for lessons
The standard lesson will last up to 60 minutes.
If my schedule allows, lessons may run longer, up to 120 minutes in length. Longer lessons have additional charges.
If your lesson is not at my house, there will be a travel charge of $1.50 per kilometer (one way distance) to the lesson site. This rate is subject to change depending on gas price fluctuations.
I do not charge registration fees.
The rates for 2020 shall be effective 1 Jan 2020.
Rates are intentionally set to be comparable to local piano/guitar/music studio lessons.
- $50 for an individual lesson up to 60 minutes in length.
- $68 for an individual lesson between 60 and 90 minutes in length.
- $90 for an individual lesson between 90 and 120 minutes in length.
- $40 per hour per individual for a group lesson (where available)
Lessons are normally weekly.
I create a calendar entry for the lessons. I will add your email address into the list of invitees. This way you will have an entry in your calendar as well. You may optionally accept the invite. I believe in this case you will receive the reminder emails/pop-ups. Rejecting an invite does NOT constitute notice that you are unable to attend (My calendar auto-processes the reject but doesn’t advise me of it).
From time to time I am unavailable to teach a lesson. When this happens, I will advise you as soon as I can either by email or in person. I will also cancel the calendar entry.
Rescheduling a lesson
If you need to reschedule a lesson, my availability can be found at: http://bagpipes.ksfraser.com/calendar
If you are unable to attend a lesson, please advise me as soon as you know.
- If you advise me you can’t attend your lesson 24 hours or more in advance, you will not be charged for the lesson.
- If you advise me that you can’t attend with less than 24 hours advance notice, you will be charged for 1/2 of your normal lesson (i.e. if you normally have a 90 minute lesson you will be charged 1/2 of the 90 minute lesson rate). Certain exceptions shall apply (e.x. blizzard/extreme winter road conditions).
- If you do not advise me before the start of your lesson that you can’t attend, you will be charged full price for the missed lesson.
You may advise me by phone, SMS (text) message or email that you won’t be able to make it. I will acknowledge your advising me the moment I receive the message. The cancellation fees specified above are as of when I receive/acknowledge the notification, not when you send it.
NOTE: If you are unable to attend 3 lessons within a 6 week period, your scheduled time will be released so that other potential students may book that time. You will then be required to fit your schedule into my openings. Alternately you may pre-pay for 4 or more weeks to hold that spot but you will be charged for those lessons regardless of your attendance. The only exception to the 3 in 6 rule shall be if you are going out of town for an extended period of time (vacation, work trip) and you advise me with at least 6 days notice.
ITAD Service Number (IP Telephony Administrative Domain (i.e. VoIP) ) 21654*1711